Monday, May 23, 2016

Just a Quick Snapshot or Two



This weekend I pulled together some models to send to a Trunk Show at Nordic Needle, in Fargo, North Dakota, for the month of June. This is one I'm sending, called "Ducks In A Pond" which is built around a quilt block of the same name.  Can you pick out the ducks in the middle?  Or the zig zag track of webbed feet in the border?   It's a fun mix of simple stitches and serene colors. 

 I stitched the model in blues & greens, using Watercolours 229 - "Oasis" and I love these summery colors.  But I was curious to see what it might look like in other colors, such as teals and tans:


 or maybe purples and browns:


Totally changes the feel of the design, doesn't it?

Anyway, I just thought it would be fun to share these with you.... 

Also, I wanted to mention that I've started posting snapshots of my projects - new and old - on INSTAGRAM.  So if you ever go looking at photos there, try my hashtag #laurajperindesigns to see what I've posted thus far.  It's also fun to check out the other needlepoint sites as well (there are some stitchers, shops, and finishing posts to view).  Try looking under #needlepoint, and #countedcanvaswork (I think I started this one, so there's not much available yet).  It's a very fun way to get some quick stitching inspiration!.

No comments: