Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A New Flower Collage!

 Springtime comes early in Northern California.  Our daffodils have already bloomed, and the flowering cherry and pear trees have already lost their blossoms and are leafing out this week; even my wisteria is just starting to open its purple flowers.... 


To celebrate the return of spring, I've been working on a new flower collage, since I haven't done one of those in a very long time!  And what better flower to highlight this season than the AZALEA COLLAGE:


I guess I've been craving lots of pinks and greens this month, since many of my projects seem to feature those colors -- (oh, yum, they are my favorite color combination, to tell the truth)...

Here's a look at some of the fun stitching sections up-close:


It's always fun to work on these collages, since you get to stitch swatches of several lovely stitch patterns, plus it's always fun for me to think up new ribbon patterns.  This 9.5" x 9.5" piece is worked up on 18 ct. mono canvas, in the serene Santa Fe Sage Green color.  It uses a skein of Watercolours 55 - "cerise" with a bunch of matching DMC #5 pearl cottons, flosses, a few metallic Ribbon Floss colors, and a variegated ThreadworX floss for the leafy green background.  All in all, a very fun piece to stitch up and it definitely satisfied my craving for lots of luscious pinks and greens!!

If you are looking for a tempting floral design to get you in a springy mood, please visit my website for all the ordering info on this delicious new AZALEA COLLAGE!

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is lovely. Pink and green are a couple of my favorite colors also. (I have many favorites... ;} )

zenuwpees said...

Très beau bonne journée Marie-Claire