Monday, November 22, 2010

New November Piece

Remember a few months ago when I revealed my ONE LONG PANEL and said I'd be doing a series of long panels? Well, I've finished the next one, which I'm calling LONG AUTUMN PANEL. Here it is:


I found the novelty of working on a long rectangular piece very fun and quite a relief from the usual "square designs" and as I was eager to see the patterns unfold, it worked up very quickly. And because it's such a long piece (finished size: 4.5" x 16") and hard to see from the full view, I'll zoom in a little closer and show you the parts of it up-close:




I've chosen another set of fun and easy stitch patterns to use in this design and the colors are especially yummy and what I consider very Novembery (with Caron Watercolours 231 - "Ethiopia".) And like the first panel, I've chosen to stitch it on the brown or tan colored mono canvas, to give it a richer appearance.

I've also suggested another autumnal colorway on the pattern, if you would prefer to do this design in ORANGE AND TEALS. And of course, if you want to pick totally different colors, I give you the suggested thread types for doing that as well.

If you're interested in trying out one of these fast and fun panels, please visit my website: www.laurajperindesign.tripod.com and see what's available!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely piece! I particularly liked the colour combinations. These long narrow projects are very interesting. What fabric did you use?

Unknown said...

I would love to try canvas work one day - this is beautiful. But it does also look difficult!
Chriz’s stitchy blog

Ирина said...

Hello!I am from Ukraine. Excuse for my English. Magnificent works! And color combinations!