Monday, August 31, 2009

Ever-Changing Hydrangeas

I have a couple of hydrangea bushes in the front of my house. When they began blooming in the spring, they were all pink...




And then they began turning into pale lavender blossoms...




And then they decided to turn blue...




until I had overflowing waves of blue and purple hydrangeas with scarcely any green leaves to be seen.....


What an incredible flower show these hydrangeas have performed for me this year Needless to say, I've enjoyed every single color they've displayed.... How inspiring is THAT?!?!?

(Actually, they've been incredibly inspiring for me....stay tuned for my next exciting post - featuring a new hydrangea design...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must be using the right fertilizer. That is what makes the changes in the colors. You are lucky to still have them on your bush, here is San Francisco, the flowers disappear in the night to be dried and sold for big bucks. They even disappear from the parks.
They put on a beautiful show. Will wait for your new project.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Oh my! They are beautiful! You have the most amazing flowers!

- Sue