Monday, April 23, 2007

No Gnomes In My Garden


Some gardens have gnomes hiding in them.

They peek out from the flower beds, or even hang in little swings from the trees.
But my garden has a very small bunny I affectionately call "Bun Bun", after a rabbit my cousins used to have when we were growing up.

My Bun Bun pops up in lots of my garden shots because... well, he's just so darn cute!

Here he is in a patch of sweet wild violets that are scattered around my yard.
And he's joined by a rather large ceramic tortoise I just call Mr. Turtle. He's a very special turtle, because he was handmade by a very special artist at The Neighborhood Center of the Arts, in Grass Valley, CA. When I lived up in the Gold Country, I worked as the office manager for that art school for developmentally disabled adults. When I left NCA, they gave me Mr. Turtle as a parting gift....and he's had a special place in my garden ever since.


(He's got a goofy grin on his face because I guess he's been sniffing all the spring flowers!)



Anyway, I wanted to introduce these garden characters to you, because you'll surely see them again in whatever flower or garden shots I include here from time to time.

And always remember Bun Bun and Mr. Turtle's advice: DON'T FORGET TO TAKE TIME TO STOP AND SMELL THOSE FLOWERS....

No comments: